Build Your Future at ACCI
If you have a strong work ethic, a team spirit, and an interest in building a career, you might be just the person we need.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Employment Opportunity is fair treatment in employment, promotion, training, and other personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, reprisal (for prior EEO activity), physical or mental disability, genetic information, status as a parent, and sexual orientation.
SUBSTANCE ABUSE POLICY STATEMENT
The illegal use of drugs and the abuse of alcohol are problems that invade the workplace, endangering the health and safety of the abusers and those who work around them. Each Alexander Contracting Co., Inc. employee shall receive formal comprehensive training to explain the company’s substance abuse policy. See below for more information.
Please note that the employment opportunities listed below may not be up to date. The best way to receive accurate information regarding ACCI job availabilities is to contact our Human Resources Department.
Where Do You Fit?
Please read over the requirements before applying.
Alexander Contracting Co Inc (ACCI), an Equal Employment Opportunity company, has immediate openings for the following positions:
Lowboy Driver Candidate must be 21 years or older and possess a Class A CDL. Competitive per hour compensation, negotiable depending on experience, benefits available.
Flatbed Driver Candidate must be 21 years or older and possess a Class A CDL. Competitive per hour compensation, negotiable depending on experience, benefits available.
- 1 to 2 years driving experience
- Must be 21 or older due to insurance requirements
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and operating various hand and power tools, manual finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and bending over for extensive periods of time.Requires reaching, crawling, climbing, grasping, kneeling, squatting and twisting.
- Often requires lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Frequent exposure to rain, sleet, dust, mud, heat, cold, noise and other conditions common to a construction site.
- Alexander Contracting Co. Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace. Pre-employment and random drug testing will be performed.
SUBSTANCE ABUSE POLICY STATEMENT
The illegal use of drugs and the abuse of alcohol are problems that invade the workplace, endangering the health and safety of the abusers and those who work around them. This Company is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace free of substance abuse without jeopardizing valued employees’ job security. To address this problem, our Company has developed a policy regarding the illegal use of drugs and the abuse of alcohol that we believe best serves the interests of all employees. Our policy formally and clearly states that the illegal use of drugs or abuse of alcohol or prescription drugs will not be tolerated. As a means of maintaining our policy, we have implemented pre-employment and active employee drug testing. This policy was designed with two basic objectives in mind: (1) employees deserve a work environment that is free from the effects of illegal drug use or alcohol abuse and the problems associated with such, and (2) this Company has a responsibility to maintain a healthy and safe workplace. To assist us in providing a safe and healthy workplace, we maintain a resources file of information of various means of employee assistance in our community, including but not limited to drug and alcohol abuse programs. Employees are encouraged to use this resource file, which is located in the Safety Director’s office. In addition, we will distribute this information to employees for their confidential use. An employee whose conduct violates this Company’s Substance Abuse Policy shall be subject to disciplinary action, which may include termination. I believe it is important that we all work together to make this Company a drug-free workplace and a safe, rewarding place to work.
Lon C. Alexander, III
Each Alexander Contracting Co., Inc. employee shall receive formal comprehensive training to explain the company’s substance abuse policy. This training shall be conducted annually and shall include the following policy concepts:
- General Procedures
- Types of Employee Testing
- Alcohol Abuse
- Employee Assistance
- Substance Abuse Awareness
- It is a violation of company policy for any employee to use, possess, sell, trade, offer for sale, or offer to buy illegal drugs or otherwise engage in the illegal use of drugs on or off the job.
- It is a violation of company policy for any employee to report to work under the influence of or while possessing in his or her body, blood, or urine illegal drugs in any detectable amount.
- It is a violation of company policy for any employee to report to work under the influence of or impaired by alcohol.
- It is a violation of the company policy for any employee to use prescription drugs illegally, i.e., to use prescription drugs that have not been legally obtained or in a manner, or for a purpose other than as prescribed. (However, nothing in this policy precludes the appropriate use of legally prescribed medications.)
- Violations of this policy shall be subject to disciplinary action which may include termination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Alexander Contracting Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, length of service, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, discipline, discharge, or other terms, conditions, or privileges of employment because of an individual’s race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran or current military status. It is our policy to employ and promote those applicants and employees who are best suited for the position and possess the necessary skills, education, experience, and qualifications. No employee shall discriminate against another employee in any terms or conditions of employment because of race, color, age, or sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran or current military status. Discrimination, coercion, intimidation, or interference in any form, including racial or ethnic slurs or jokes, should be promptly reported to your immediate supervisor. Any employee who feels he/she has not received fair treatment in accordance with these policies and procedures should report the situation to his/her immediate supervisor. Any employee who is found to be in violation of this policy shall be subject to disciplinary action, which may include termination.